LT130 | Length: 1 day | Credits: 7 PDUs | Talent Triangle – Leadership
When people are working together, differences of opinion and approach are inevitable. Conflict can create problems in work productivity and alignment, or it can be used positively to take advantage of diverse perspectives and promote creativity and innovation.
Conflict – From Prevention to Resolution™ enables you to gain a better understanding of the sources of conflict, and learn tools for preventing conflict from arising. It also provides methods for taking advantage of differences. Conflict – From Prevention to Resolution™ is a skills-based, constructive approach that can release the energy tied up in conflict, allowing creative resolution and more productive relationships.
Objectives & Outcomes
- Apply basic concepts about the nature of conflict to a real-world situation
- Practice skills that help to prevent conflict from beginning
- Identify your own conflict style and how it may contribute to conflicts you face
- Demonstrate managing your own contributions to conflict
- Analyze conflict situations and how to manage escalation
- Practice using tools and techniques that help prevent, manage and resolve conflicts
Who Should Participate?
Leaders, managers, team members, and individual contributors who need to interact, collaborate, and make decisions with others in order to achieve their goals.
The Nature of Conflict
- Introduction to key elements, definitions and concepts
Levels of Conflict
- Analysis of current conflicts affecting participants
- Working with tools and techniques to prevent conflict from occurring
The Situation Framework
- Introduction to and analysis of the “big picture” affecting conflict
Communication and Influence Behaviour Overview
- Practice utilizing specific influence behaviours in preventing conflict
- Introduction to managing yourself as the first step in conflict management
The Conflict Style Instrument
- Complete and review self-assessment of personal conflict style
- Analysis of contributing factors to conflicts and paths to resolution
Improving Skills over Time
- Learning summary, CPR tool review, and follow-up recommendations.
Copyright © 2015 Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. TidalShift is a Barnes & Conti Global Partner. These courses are used by permission from Barnes and Conti Associates ©2011