LT220 | Length: 1 day | Credits: 7 PDUs | Talent Triangle – Leadership
Think about the first work team you were on. You probably quickly discovered that each person had a unique way of doing things. Sometimes team differences are easily accepted and laughed about, and may even complement each other. But too frequently teams find that those differences can also cause confusion, stagnation, or frustration. Only when people have a framework to make sense of their differences can they learn what to expect from others and the best way to get what the team needs. This program uses the DiSC ® framework to address three of the most common challenges that teams face: motivation, conflict, and communication. Participants learn simple, intuitive ways to make lasting improvements in a team’s effectiveness.
Participants will learn how to:
- Appreciate the diverse needs and preferences of each DiSC ® style
- Recognize and capitalize on the personal motivators that drive them
- Understand their own conflict style and the impact that it has on others
- Recognize inappropriate or unproductive communication
- Develop the skill to adapt to the diverse styles of their teammates
- Enhance team motivation, conflict resolution, and communication
This course is intended for all members of a team, including team leader.
Complete DiSC ® online.
- Discover four styles of behavior and explore the general preferences of your style
- Understand what motivates you at work
- Learn about your behavior when you are in conflict with others
- Learn how to adapt your communication to different styles