4445A | Length: 1/2 day | Credits: 0.5 PDUs | Talent Triangle – Leadership
Virtual teams are a reality today. Most large organizations have multiple divisions and locations. Smaller companies may have team members working at different sites, and the current trend to working collaboratively with suppliers, partner organizations, and clients, gives more rise to the need to have diversely-located team members work effectively together.
Virtual teams have obstacles to overcome. They have to deal with the usual project and team challenges, and in addition, may face significant communication, motivational, and organizational issues.
In this ½-day virtual workshop, you will examine the communication and team-building issues of implementing effective virtual teams, and suggest strategies, tools, and techniques to empower the virtual team leader to meet these new challenges.
Objectives & Outcomes
- Identify the challenges and the benefits of leading and working in virtual teams;
- Implement communication, accountability and connection practices to support team success;
- Describe interventions for virtual teams to maximize their effectiveness;
- Facilitate the development of team agreements;
- Use appropriate team building techniques to increase motivation and team engagement.
Who Should Participate?
The Virtual Teams course is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Leading or about to lead a team across geographical boundaries.
- Considering implementing virtual teams in their organization and would like to be prepared for the advantages and disadvantages of such team structures.
- Defining the types of Virtual Teams
- Virtual Team Challenges
- High Performing Teams
- Indicators of Team Effectiveness
Forming the Virtual Team
- Keys to Success
- Team Purpose, Goals, Objectives
- Developing Team Agreements & Processes
- Leveraging Technologies
Leading Virtual Teams
- Challenges of Remote Work
- Key Skills for Remote Work
- Leadership Practices for Virtual Team Success: Communication, Accountability, Connection
- Supporting Clear Communication
- Monitoring Performance: Team & Individual
- Maintaining Engagement & Connection