IP110 | Length: 1-2 days | Credits: 14 PDUs | Talent Triangle – Leadership
The purpose of project human resource management is the effective use of all project stakeholders in achieving the end of the project. While people skills such as leadership, team building, and motivation are applicable to both project management and an operational context, there are issues that are unique to the project environment. Human Resource Management techniques must be dynamic to handle the changing interpersonal relationships and project stakeholders.
This workshop provides participants with a four-step process for Human Resources Management:
- Plan Human Resource Management
- Acquire Project Team
- Develop Project Team
- Manage Project Team
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify and document project roles, responsibilities, and reporting relationships.
- Create human resource plan.
- Obtain the human resources needed to complete the project.
- Improve the competencies and interaction of team members to enhance project performance.
- Track team member performance, providing feedback, resolving issues, and coordinating changes to enhance project performance.
This workshop utilizes short lectures, guided discussions, and hands-on application activities in small teams. Team activities are debriefed by the instructor through occasional team presentations.
Current and aspiring project managers, sub-team leaders, and team members. Project clients, sponsors, and other stakeholders may also benefit.
None, although a course in project management basics is recommended.
Module 1 – Introduction
- Objectives and Definitions
- Knowledge Area Context
- Key Concepts
- PMI Perspective Overview
Module 2 – Plan Human Resource Management
- Project Roles
- Organizational Information
- Tools and Techniques
- Project Management Plan
Module 3 – Acquire A Project Team
- Skill vs. Will
- Sources of Power
- Virtual Teams
- Teams vs. Work Groups
Module 4 – Develop and Manage a Project Team
- Knowing Yourself and Others
- Inputs, Tools and Techniques, Outputs
- Motivating your Team
- Dealing with Conflict
Module 5 – Summary and Re-Cap
- Review of Key Points