LT 260 | Length: 1 day | Credits: 7 PDUs
Successful implementation of a strategy, project or initiative is founded not only on careful planning – but on the knowledge of what it will really take to “make things happen.” This one-day course demonstrates the best strategies for effective implementation of critical work goals. Learn the keys to implement your project, team, and individual tasks for maximum efficiency – even before the project begins. Understand the direction you and your coworkers need to take, establish priorities to drive success, and build plans to produce actionable outcomes. Discover how the motivation of yourself and others to become engaged and accountable for the processes and the execution of tasks which lead to clear, measurable results.
Successful completion of this course will increase your knowledge and ability to:
- Implement your initiative, team and individual tasks
- Understand the direction in which you and your coworkers are headed
- Establish the priorities that will drive success
- Build plans that produce actionable outcomes
- Motivate yourself and others to be enthused and engaged
- Execute your tasks
- Be held accountable to clearly defined results
This workshop gives attendees the strategies for being able to get things done. The instructor presents each topic in a tell-show-do format using simple case study. Working in teams of four or five, participants then practice applying the tools and techniques in initiatives or projects they select.
Strategies for Execution is designed for:
- Members of project teams
- Organization change agents
- Special task force members
- High-level individual contributors
These individuals need to be able to rapidly, effectively and efficiently implement critical, time-bound work goals to a successful, measurable conclusion.
Stuck in the Middle!
- The Case for Change
- Thinking It Through and Getting the Buy-In You Need
- Taking Decisive Action: Delivering on Your Commitments
- Getting Unstuck: Roadblocks to Success
- Self-Assessment: What’s your Direction?
- Characteristics of Clear Direction
- Enabling Clear Direction
- Tools for Action: Envisioning the Future
- Self-Assessment: What Are Your Priorities?
- Characteristics of Urgent Priorities
- Establishing Clear Priorities
- Tools for Action: Prioritizing with “Sticky Dots”
- Self-Assessment: Are you Planning?
- Characteristics of Successful Planning
- Planning for Success
- Tools for Action: Mapping Out Milestones
- Self-Assessment: Are You Engaged?
- Characteristics of Healthy Engagement
- Getting Engaged
- Tools for Action: Radio WIIFM, “What’s In It For Me?”
- Self-Assessment: Can you Execute?
- Characteristics of Flawless Execution
- Executing the Game Plan
- Tools for Action: RACI
- Self-Assessment: Who’s Accountable?
- Characteristics of Shared Accountability
- Knowing Who Is Accountable for What Performance
- Tools for Action: Creating the Scorecard
Getting It Done!
- Getting Things Done: Phases of Action
- Getting Things Done: Course Review