CM 280 | Length: 1 day | Credits: 7 PDUs | Talent Triangle – Leadership
Change management is an ongoing priority in many organizations today. Most change is not simply a one-time event that has a beginning, middle and end, but rather individual and organizational change is inherently dynamic. Sustaining Change: Making It Stick will help you, as a change leader, with the critical task of making change stick in ways that offer benefits and advantages at the individual, team and organizational levels. You will learn key elements and tools for reinforcing change from both a task and people point of view. You will gain leadership and engagement strategies to support success through the post-implementation phase of change.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
This workshop will give participants strategies for sustaining change in the workplace. By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognize the role of change leaders in sustaining a culture of growth and change
- Identify challenges to sustaining change for individuals and organizations
- Discuss the common characteristics of organizations in transition
- Discover key elements to sustaining and reinforcing change at the individual, team and organizational levels
- Determine appropriate engagement activities for sustaining the change – its benefits, features and advantages
- Explore ways to monitor and evaluate the post-implementation phase of change
This course is designed for managers, supervisors, team leaders, project managers, and individual contributors who want to support and sustain change initiatives in the workplace over time.
This workshop utilizes short lectures, small and large group guided discussions, case examples, and practical application activities to ensure an interactive learning experience for participants.
Strategies for Effectively Leading Through Change (or equivalent) – participants require a basic understanding of change management principles in advance of taking this course.
Overview of the Change Process
- Overview of Change Process & Change Leadership
- Common Characteristics of Organizations in Transition
- Challenges with Sustaining Change
- Models for Understanding & Managing Change
- Focus on Sustaining Change: Individual, Team & Organizational Strategies
Inspiring Individuals to Sustain Changes
- Reinforcement Systems for Sustaining Change
- Mitigating Resistance to Change
- Managing the New Beginning
Empowering Teams to Embrace Change
- Overcoming Challenges with Change
- Skills for Having Difficult Conversations
- Champions of Change
Thriving Organizations: Successfully Embedding New Changes
- Emotional, Procedural and Structural Elements
- The Tipping Point: Achieving Critical Mass
- Embedding Change: Monitoring, Evaluating, Empowering, Motivating
- Pulling It All Together: Sustaining Change Action Planning
- Sustaining Leaders: Foundations for Success