LT250 | Length: 1 day | Credits: 7 PDUs | Talent Triangle – Technical
Organizational change may be stimulated in many ways: by new ownership, market forces, technological innovation, as well as economic, social, and political trends. The challenge is how to implement the change with minimal resistance and downtime.
The Mastery of Change™ offers tools for leaders and managers who are responsible for the successful implementation of change. This one-day program is ideal for organizations anticipating or experiencing one or more major changes. It provides a practical opportunity to develop a change implementation plan. The program creates a forum in which real change issues are discussed and real planning takes place.
Objectives and Outcomes
- Identify the individual and organizational dynamics involved in change and transition
- Distinguish between the strategic issues involved in change and the tactical issues involved in transition, and develop a plan for both
- Recognize and deal with the impact of change and transition on remote and non-obvious systems as well as on the system which is the target of change
- Identify and communicate effectively with stakeholders and develop broad ownership of the change process
- Help stakeholders see a positive vision of the ideal result of a change and empower them to contribute to that result
- Design an implementation process and choose appropriate interventions to move things along
- Describe and manage their own and others’ resistance to change
Who Should Participate?
Leaders, project managers, change and transition teams, and individual contributors who are responsible for the successful implementation of change.
The Nature of Change
- Introduction to key concepts for understanding the nature of change, drivers of change, and dynamics of change; selection of change project for application throughout the workshop
Change and Transition
- Presentations and exercises for distinguishing between the “big picture” of the change process and the myriad transitions that must take place for successful change implementation; the organizational transition process over time
The Change Process: A Model for Implementation
- A model for successful change leadership; skill practice, discussion, and application of skills in building a vision, defining system boundaries, identifying and working with stakeholders, assessing readiness, choosing interventions, and continuous learning from change
Skills for Empowering Others
- Practice in helping others make positive choices around change; understanding one’s own and others’ attitudes and readiness regarding change
Skills for Guiding Personal Transitions
- Understanding typical needs and expectations related to change; understanding and working with resistance to change and the stress associated with change; coaching others to contribute in constructive ways
- Decide on next steps to take change projects forward; summarize and apply learning’s
Copyright © 2015 Barnes & Conti Associates, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.TidalShift is a Barnes & Conti Global Partner. These courses are used by permission from Barnes and Conti Associates ©2011