PM Blazer™ Virtual – PMP® or CAPM® Exam Prep qualifies for 36 contact hours (PDUs) and is held over a three week period (training takes place three days a week, in four hour increments). As with the classroom format, participants will require additional self-study time following the course in final preparation for taking the PMP® or CAPM® exam. All course materials are shipped to participants in advance and referenced throughout the virtual training.
Virtual classroom with hard copy materials (shipped to participants prior to course).
PM Blazer™ is a comprehensive program that assists individuals in their preparation for taking the Project Management Institute (PMI)®’s PMP® or CAPM® certification exam, based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)®—Fifth Edition. Participants will learn:
- PMI’s perspective on Project Management.
- PMI’s collection of processes and Knowledge Areas.
- Related project management tools, techniques, and practices.
- The structure of the PMP exam.
- Strategies for successfully answering exam questions.
- In which knowledge area(s) they are strong and in which areas they need to focus their study.
In addition to receiving a comprehensive 1,000 page 5-volume program manual, participants will receive a full practice exam featuring 200 questions designed to simulate the experience of the four-hour exam. This practice exam will help define what topics each individual participant should focus their study. Participants are also supplied with a supplemental PMP Study Guide that includes additional full practice exams.
As a PMP®, you can work in virtually any industry, with any methodology and in any location. Additionally, the PMP credential:
- Provides a significant advantage when it comes to salary and earning potential. Among survey respondents to PMI’s Earning Power Salary Survey, those with a PMP certification garner a higher salary (20% higher on average) than those without a PMP certification.*
- Prepares you for expanded job responsibilities and has the potential to lead to new career opportunities and advancement.
- Signifies that you speak and understand the global language of project management.
- Connects you to an international community of professionals, organizations, and experts.
- Recognizes your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Employers benefit as well. When more than one-third of their project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals. (Pulse of the Profession® study, PMI, 2015.)
PM Blazer™ is designed for those who are seeking to obtain their PMP® or CAPM® credential. This includes individuals working in a project management capacity as well as key staff members who are working in project oriented environments, spanning various organizations and industries. We recommend that PM Blazer™ participants should be prepared to take the exam within three months of completing the program.
Other individuals who can benefit from obtaining their PMP® credential include:
- Managers of large and medium sized branches
- Call Centre Managers and Team Leaders
- Managers of Operations and Processing Departments (i.e. Treasury Operations, Share Settlement, IPO Operations, and Trade Operations)
- Managers of Administrative Support Functions (i.e. HR and Finance/Accounting)
- Business Analysts and IT Systems Analysts
- Members of Six Sigma and TQM Project Teams
- Quality and MIS Specialists
*Pricing in in CAD. All applicable taxes are extra. Price does not include the PMP® exam fee.