Eleanor Lester is a change management and leader development strategist and executive coach with extensive experience leading and facilitating
organizational and behavioral change. She has worked with all levels of organizations, organizations of all sizes, and the public and private sectors, facilitating and assessing the learning and adaptation of leaders, teams and individuals engaged in change initiatives. Throughout her work, Eleanor has combined theory on organizational and individual behaviour with practical application for results. This has been demonstrated through insightful assessment of attitudes and capacity for change, constructing opportunities for individuals and groups to voice concerns and generate and test ideas, providing frameworks and coaching supporting individual and team development, and encouraging mindful accomplishment and sustained change. Eleanor strives to facilitate individual capacity in overcoming obstacles, resolving conflict and enhancing communication and understanding manifest in commitment and capability, recognizing the demands and constraints of organizational life.
Eleanor’s consulting and coaching experience encompasses high technology, healthcare, government, manufacturing, and non-profit sectors and both large and small organizations. Beyond individual coaching assignments, broader engagements include:
- July 2013 – present: Assessed, designed and facilitated leadership team development/cultural change in YSSN, a large non-profit in York Region (3-year project); designed/implemented a leader planning and development process and leader competency framework
- October 2013/May 2014: In conjunction with the Canadian Police College, developed and facilitated a leadership workshop with Saskatchewan police services
- 2013 Assessed and made recommendations on leadership/cultural challenges in the merger of two long-term care organizations
- October 2012: In conjunction with the Canadian Police College, developed and facilitated a global leadership and succession planning program for global policing executives
- 2010 – 2014: Canadian Police College Executive Development Program: Rewrote the Strategic Change project and marking guides for an online police college executive development; responsible for advising, teaching, coaching and grading police executives on their capstone project (credit towards Masters degree)
- 2010 – 2011: Facilitated/co-led leadership/change management in an Ontario crown attorney regional initiative designed to realign operations and behavior to support collaboration versus siloed activity
- 2006 – 2009: Engaged a police oversight body in leading sustained cultural change; evaluated outcomes; assessed leaders and engaged in Executive Coaching for leader development
Prior to consulting, Eleanor gained over fifteen years of management experience in a major high technology company. She held executive positions in sales, marketing, systems integration and consulting including VP Systems Integration.
Eleanor is a certified Executive Coach (PCC) and has a PhD in Organizational Change and Leadership from Walden University. She holds a M.Sc. from U. of Toronto. She is a qualified MBTI and EQi administrator and is trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution. She is an active Board member of various non-profits and believes in the social responsibility of corporations.